On Dec 21, 2005, at 9:25 AM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

I didn't find the info I was looking for in the unit tests and docs for the testrunner:

Jim's the one to answer most of this, but FWIW everything (the little) I need is demonstrated (if not explained) in my recent testbrowser email.

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-December/017149.html

Layer code is near the very bottom only, and has nothing directly to do with testbrowser.

The zcml file that the layer uses ('ftesting.zcml' in the example) is effectively the site.zcml for the layer.

The name that you give the layer is what you slam on to the test suite object (see example).

The --layer thing is regex based, I believe, although all I've not needed anything other than substring matching, so no regex syntax.

Gary