Shane Hathaway wrote:
FWIW, I still hate ZCML for the following reasons:

Everyone seems to agree on the direction suggested here:

http://www.z3lab.org/sections/blogs/philipp-weitershausen/2005_12_14_zcml-needs-to-do-less

Indeed, while I strongly agree with all of this, I think it's orthagonal to the point I was trying to make...

There's only one thing that bothers me about that article: it calls the people who complain about ZCML either "Python purists" or "die-hard Zope 2 coders", when you and I are neither.

Indeed ;-)

My view comes purely from requiring the number of languages that need to be known to use Zope be as few as possible to make things easier on us all...

We are Zope evangelists, and our concern is that the current ZCML is a significant barrier for others who want to learn and adopt Zope.

Yup :-)

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk