Chris Withers wrote:
Tres Seaver wrote:

Thought so! I'm just not sure whether this is intended behaviour. What's
the current policy about displaying tracebacks to the "end-user" in Zope

The policy seems to be that the end user should *never* see the
traceback, unless she selects the '++skin++Debug' skin *and* the admin
configures inclusion of the '' package.

Personally, I think this is a mistake.

The number of times the traceback screen dumped by an end user and mailed to me in a word doc has significantly aided fixing a hard to reproduce error is not insignificant...

I would never want an end user to see a traceback.  And I don't
have a customer who would.  Tracebacks can be logged.  You could
set up a logger that emailed all error log events to you, so
you could see the error without your user seeing it.

...mindyou, I still wish Zope 3 had an easier concept of a customsiable standard_error_message, but maybe I'm missing something :-S

Yes you are.  In Zope 3, you can define an error view per error
type, including a default view for Exception. This is wildly more
flexible and easier to manage than in Zope 2.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation