On Monday 06 February 2006 06:13, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Is this stuff intended to end up in the zope core eventually? If so,
> what steps will need to be taken? I imagine this also ties into the eggs
> story, but the question on the zope core perhaps still stands - what
> would be a dependency of the zope core?

In light of the recent discussion at the Plone Snowsprint, there is a general
desire to have a common repository for Zope 3 addons that are useful, but
might not be appropriate for the core. In my opinion we would like to be able
to control the license and quality of this repository. Basically, it should
be core-quality/ready code in an add-on place. Thus, it would also require
those packages to follow the Zope 3 development process. I have had positive
feedback about this idea from the Plone developers.

In the coming weeks I am going to be involved in this sort of discussion
hopefully on this and the plone-dev list. I welcome any initial ideas and
comments. (Of course, Martijn and I can/will use the opportunity of being at
the physically same location this week to talk about this offline.)

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter