Brian Sutherland wrote:
On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:54:18AM +0100, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:

I add this implementation of isConnected to the mysqldbda in my setup
(Zope-2.9 + Five + sqlos, mysql 4.1.12) too, and things *seem* to have
improved. But not completely, every now and then I get the gone away
errors again.

Make sure you have a sqlos revision after 22260, as before that sqlos was
caching connections (even ones where the server has gone away).

Aha! Right! Now I understand. Thanks for the hint!

Now I only have to wait 8 hours to see if it works ;)

kind regards,

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman