Stephan Richter wrote:
This is interesting. I agree with Philipp though that a simple install tool would be better than one magic location.

Indeed, but don't eggs already provide tools for this?

I think the ZCML slugs are very cool

I think they suck, sorry... it's one of the first things I hit with Zope 3 over Christmas :-(

and if we have a tool (as "make" does now)

Please god, not make...

that does this one step, then we effectively have drop-in packages.

No, drop in packages means you either use a package-manner like interface, like aptitude, a binary installer, or actually dropping a single file into a directory.

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk