Gary Poster wrote:

On Feb 17, 2006, at 6:26 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
We'd have to declare the zope3-dev list for obsolete and make people not
send messages to it. We'd just have to define a date and time. All
subsequent mail traffic would be handled by zope-dev.

Okay, who actually makes this call and how to we set a date?

Only you and Philipp were excited about this. Not sure that constitutes a ringing endorsement. Maybe others will chime in now.

FWIW, I'm -0.

I am negative [insert some large integer here].
I absolutely could not care about Zope 2 development issues. That is why I subscribed to Zope3-dev. Zope 2 and Zope 3 are very different animals, and I cannot see any reason to merge their discussions.

I'd be +[large integer] on an initiative to reduce (or remove!) all the cross-posting we see, too.