Lennart Regebro wrote:
On 2/21/06, Benji York <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Again, not for the average user, bit if the hypothetical six month bug
were found and those tests were decently written doctests, it would be
much easier for the maintainer to follow what the test was doing.

Maybe an example can help. Because I don't understand why...

<snip code>

I'm not saying that the *format* makes them easier to maintain, I'm saying that the format *encourages* the developer to make more maintainable tests. If your second example had the customary interstitial paragraphs talking about what's going on it would be easier for a maintainer to understand.

(btw, through all this, I assume that Jims fix for the doctest
debugging problem that he mentioned did work, and that you now can
insert an import pdb;pdb.set_trace() in the middle of the doctests.
Right?)

Yep.
--
Benji York