Dieter Maurer wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote at 2006-3-2 18:44 +0100:

I worry about losing brands we've worked on hard to establish. While many people do not understand the difference between Zope 2 and Zope 3, many others have heard about Zope 3 and they know it is not Zope 2.

I do not understand the "loss of brands" fear...

  MS renames its core technologies every few years (at least)
  and nevertheless, it has a surprising market success...

MS is however not in the habit of renaming Windows, Word, Internet Explorer, or Office.