Alec Mitchell wrote:
On Monday 20 March 2006 13:29, Roger Ineichen wrote:
Hi Stephan,

[...]
My Fazit is;

It's important to have informative sugger in a configuration language
like ZCML. Otherwise it get reduced to somewhat useless that I will hate
to write but have to. The next step will probably be to move the
configuration to pyhton at all. And then we really lose the component
aspect and get back hardcoded concepts where everybody has to copy/past
and customize. That's not the way I will go in the future!

What do you think? Are I'm wrong?

Count me in on the "it's really nice when ZCML can provide a high-level overview of a package's structure" train. It seems to me that "verbose" ZCML declarations are an incredibly compact way of providing this sort of valuable information.

Of course I'm not too fond of some overly-magical directives either, and I'd love to have a top-level <implements /> (perhaps in addition to the class level one, it's not as if there aren't other duplicate directives of this sort).

Ok

Alec Mitchell

Philipp,

Sorry that this feedback comes after the proposal was implemented.
I know this isn't nice for a developer where did announce it and has a lot of work.

Hope you are not angry about that, but I really realized what this means just today when I updated my applications.

--
Regards
Roger Ineichen