Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:
David Johnson wrote:

I am using the zope database adapter, and on occasion (1/20) the following code intermittently throws an exception (1/20 times), even though the connection is connected.

It's a known bug, see http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/582. The problem is that the adapter sometimes can't be loaded from the ghost state. However, I still can't understand why the connection is closed (or reported as closed) while the request should be still in process...

If it's related to persistence, then perhaps a workaround for David in the meantime would be to supply the connector as a global utility not stored in the ZODB. I haven't seen the problem occur here and perhaps that's because I declared my adapter in site.zcml so it never gets ghosted:

  <rdb:provideConnection
      name="dbfinance"
      component="psycopgda.adapter.PsycopgAdapter"
      dsn="dbi://webaccountant:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/finance"
      />

-Jeff