Brian Sutherland wrote:
The reason I put them there in the first place is to nudge committers to
create both the tarball and egg (for perhaps more than one python
version) when creating a new release.

I would prefer that be addressed outside of the source repository. Perhaps Stephan's Zope Community site would be a good place to accomplish this.

The makefiles are not required and
are trivially replacable by whatever type of script you want.

I wouldn't want a bunch of identical (or near-identical) scripts, make or otherwise, lying around.

Firstly, being the one that added these, i'll take them out/replace them
according to the consensus.

There seems to be a consensus (although not an overpowering one) that they be removed.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer