On Sep 25, 2006, at 11:04 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

Hi,

Jim Fulton wrote:
Yes, now that you mention it.  Proxies should be as transparent as
possible. As such, they shouldn't add additional attributes if they can avoid it. I think it's best to leave things as they are, with a comment pointing out that the difference is in the version of getProciedObject
used.

I wonder if that is only due to the use of proxies for security proxies.
In this case I understand that the proxy needs to be as transparent as
possible to avoid attack vectors on the proxy itself.

It is also important for contained proxies.

For other proxies I could imagine that this isn't true. I think
traversal proxies are one example. They would be fine if they were
translucent not transparent, or not?

I can imagine all sorts of things, but experience has shown that transparency is for proxies as a general principle.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org