Hi,

Paul Carduner wrote:
> <h3>Fractals</h3>
> <applet code="/Programs/Fractals/Attractor.class" height=100
> width=600></applet>
>
> On the static site, this html loads the java applet perfectly.  On the
> zope3 site however the browser recognizes the java applet, but it
> fails to load.  Opening up the java console, I get the following error
> message(s):
>
> load: class http://www.carduner.net/Programs/Fractals/Attractor.class not
> found.
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> http:..www.carduner.net.Programs.Fractals.Attractor.class
>       at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>       at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>       at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
>       at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
>       at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
>       at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
>       at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.
>       at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
>       at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
>       at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>       ... 10 more
>
> Of course, the url that "failed to load" seems to work fine when I
> type it into the browser because the file is obviously there.  Does
> anyone know why this might not be working?  Google searches have
> turned up nothing for me :/.

I don't know Java and applets very well, here are some standard thoughts:

- Does the .class file require a certain MIME type to be shown when it
gets downloaded?
- Does this work (with the HTML) when you put it on a static web server
(is that what you mean by static site? or did you mean it works on your
local machine using file:// urls?)

Zope in general doesn't do very much that would disable applets and friends.

Christian