Jim Fulton wrote at 2006-12-22 15:55 -0500:

We are using "zdaemon" widely and would be sad to loose it.

The "underdocumented" argument is unjustified in my view:

  *  "zdaemon" comes with reasonable "online" documentation
     (the "help" command)

  *  like for all "zconfig" based programs, essential documentation
     can be found in the schema file.

     As the configuration options have been carefully documented
     (also quite common for "zconfig" based programs), this
     is sufficient documentation for the configuration.

  *  There are other forms of documentation than "testable documentation
     (aka "doctest"s).