On Monday 15 January 2007 14:25, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>   'We've tried to look up an adapter for (ISomething, ITheOther) but
> none was found'
>   'Found an adapter for IFoo, which is a base class for the IBar
> interface requested. No adapter has been found for the most-specific
> interface IBar'
> Comments?

My major concern is speed here. Any debug handling will make the registry
slower; I am using adapters very heavily in my code and any slow-down of one
lookup would be multiplied many times.

I wonder whether a different approach could be taken. The APIDOC code does
already a registration analysis. Maybe we can use the registrations in a away
that they simulate the adapter registry. Thus you could provide APIDOC (via
the Web UI or Python) with a component or instance and it tells you how it
tries to look up the adapter. Clearly that would be much slower, but okay for

Stephan Richter