Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
Just for the record, the problem is created by the ubuntu diffs that where automatically installed with the python2.4-minimal package

That is one of the more repugnant things I've seen a distribution force on their users in quite some time. I intent to complain to the Ubuntu team.

> You are completely right and there is no problem with python installed
> from source.

These sorts of games are one of the reasons I (and many others) strongly prefer working with Pythons that we built ourselves.

Thanks for the good work running this to ground.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer