On 07.03.2007, at 17:37, Christian Theune wrote:

Hi,

I'm writing up a proposal for the ZODB to make even more efficient Blob
handling possible.

This includes not copying the data from an uploaded file, but using a
`link` operation when possible.

However, the Zope 3 publisher currently uses the default implementation
of the cgi module's FieldStorage.

I propose to create a small subclass to override the `make_file` method to use `NamedTemporaryFile` instead of `TemporaryFile` to allow the file
being accessible from a filename so I can apply a `link` operation.

Notice: The FieldStorage explicitly provides the `make_file` method to
allow overriding in this sense.

Does anybody feel like this would be a bad idea?

that would be nice, i would prefer to make the whoe FieldStorage class pluggable via a factory interface

this is a long outstanding issue for z3c.extfile too, i also wanted to access the file directly

greez, bernd

Christian