On May 2, 2007, at 7:30 AM, Michael Howitz wrote:

I discovered an unecpected behavior ob zc.buildout:

I have a package which depends in its setup.py on zc.form>=0.1dev- r74753. In my buildout.cfg I decaled zc.form as a develop-egg by pointing to its svn-checkout.

The problem is that the zope start script generated by buildout does not contain the path of the development egg but of the released egg. If I remove the version requirement and depend from zc.form (with out a version declaration) then the devlopment egg is in the path.

Is this a bug in zc.buildout or expected behavior?

It is expected behavior. buildout will always prefer a develop egg that meets the given requirements. My guess is that 0.1dev-r74753 is later than the version given in setup.py.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714