On Tuesday 19 June 2007 06:16, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
> as far as I am informed it's no longer suggested to put utilities etc.
> into the default package since the whole package mechanism was not the
> right idea.
>
> One point to change would be zope.app.appsetup.addUtility which puts
> the utilities into the default package. It should add the utilities
> directly to the site manager.
>
> What are the oppinions here?

I have suggested this before, but back then we decided to leave things as they
were. Maybe the time has come to change that.

Having said that, this change would break a lot of code, including all opf my
projects, since I do not use zope.app.appsetup.addUtility. Since we are not
working with egg-based releases yet, BBB must be provided. Depending on how
good the BB is, this could be an easy or very hard task.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter