Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Christophe Combelles wrote:
Is translations.launchpad.net the regular and recommended way of
translating zope3 ?
I'm not sure they're synchronizing frequently with the repository.
You bring a good point to my attention. Now that each package is its own
project with a separate release cycle, we should split up the
translations and maintain them for each package. Mostly 'zope.app.*'
packages (with a few exceptions such as zope.formlib) will have
Given that the extraction tool left source markers in the translation
files, I think this task could be automated. Would be a fun project for
I've already thought about it and I think the following steps should be
1. Move all Python modules from zope.app.locales to zope.i18nmessageid
(or maybe to zope.i18n?).
2. Write a tool for splitting up translations. I think the tool will be
useful not only for the case and it would be cool if the tool could
extract, split and merge translations.
3. Split up the existing translations.
4. Remove zope.app.locales altogether.
If nobody objects I can perform the steps above.
- What about translations.launchpad.net? Is there are way to create
templates for all translated packages in the zope3 project?
- When the next release? :-)
Dmitry Vasiliev <dima at hlabs.spb.ru>
Zope3-dev mailing list