I originally wanted $Id$ RCS keywords in module doc strings so that we could create tools that determined run-time version information. Unfortunately, subversion makes using this a bit difficult, as it doesn't update this information by default.

I think that, with eggs, this isn't needed any more. To find versions being used, we just need to print the working set, which lists the distributions used, with their versions.

I propose we stop bothering to include $Id$ strings. (Note that I'm *not* suggesting we go out of our way to remove them.)

CTO                             (540) 361-1714