Feel free to chime in if you think there has been a problem.

Jim

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: July 10, 2007 6:54:10 PM EDT
To: "Martin v. Löwis"  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Catalog-sig] start on static generation, and caching - apache config.

On Jul 10, 2007, at 5:48 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

I've seen requests take minutes and time out with proxy errors many
times over the last few weeks.  We, ZC, and many people we work
with are
at the point of building private indexes to get around the horrible
performance.

I still don't understand why you consider this an easier option than
contributing to the existing project.

I don't. I'm not advocating it.  In fact, I've been trying to
convince people not to.

People are doing it, usually in limited ways, out of desperation.

Maybe others can chime in.

That's also my concern. Nobody else is complaining; AFAICT, there
is just one unhappy user of PyPI.

Oh come on, I'm not the only one who has posted messages on this
mailing list over the last few weeks reporting problems.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org