On 21 Aug 2007, at 19:51 , Andreas Jung wrote:
--On 20. August 2007 20:22:50 -0400 Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Saturday 18 August 2007 17:03, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
* Please also don't forget to add a changelog entry in README.txt,
especially if you're adding features. If there's no README.txt yet, this
is a good time to give it one. It should start out with a simple
paragraph and have at least one section called "Changes". You could then
use its contents as the long_description in setup.py. Other packages
(e.g. zope.proxy or zope.publisher) can serve as examples.

Why do the changes have to be part of the README file? That seems no
good. I  think a separate file is much better.

I also prefer having separated files for the README and the changes.

You can easily concatenate both files within your setup.py to generate
the long_description. I doing this for my own projects.

I don't care *where* the changelog goes, as long as it's properly maintained and preferrably shows up at the bottom of the CheeseShop page.