Previously Fred Drake wrote:
> On 8/29/07, srichter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > ++added:
> > - Ensure that the setup.py has a decent set of meta-data, in particular:
> >
> >   * The long_description contains all doctests.
>
> I know Jim's advocated this, at least for all documentation-centric
> doctests, but I don't know that we've reached a consensus on this.
> What do others think?
>
> I really don't like long PyPI pages myself; a few paragraphs seems
> sufficient, and is certainly more in line with the original intent of
> the "long description" field.

I don't like the overly long PyPI pages, but I do really like having
easily browsable documentation online. PyPI is the only places where
that is possible at the moment.

Pointing people to svn.zope.org to read documentation is not an option
in my opinion: finding and reading documentation would require a dozen
extra mouseclicks.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.