Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
So here's what I suggest: Factor out a) to a new package 'zc.testbrowser' (or whatever) and make 'zope.testbrowser', the remaining b), depend on zc.testbrowser, zope.app.testing and all that other stuff properly.

This is what I've decided to do.

This approach also has the nice side effect that I don't have to constantly say "'zope' is just a package name space, you can use testbrowser outside of zope".

Unfortunately I don't think we can ever overcome the powerful Zope brand for non Zope-specific projects/packages. People think anything with "zope" in the name has to do with the publisher.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer