I agree with you Roger. I want things to stay as they are for the same reasons. I have great respect for Zope 2 developers however there there are two development paradigms at play that are fundamentally incompatible despite the inclusion of component architecture in Zope 2.

Roger Ineichen wrote:
Betreff: [Zope3-dev] I'd lobe to merge the zope3-dev and zope-dev lists

Any objections?

This would basically involve retiring the zope3-dev list and moving
zope3 developers to the zope-dev list.

Not that I'm not interested in what's going on in Zope 2,
but the two list let me easy separate this two different topics. And it will allow me to read the Zope2 mails in digest mode if I don't have time to read all.

Another reason for not to switch is the mailinglist observation
in the different web apps out there. They are very usefull.

a cool app, this is another reason to keep the
trunk up and running. I guess they checkout
our code and count the lines ;-). See:

Codebase 97,598 LOC Effort (est.) 25 Person Years
Project Cost $1,348,258

Roger Ineichen

Jim Fulton
Zope Corporation