Price is definitely the prime factor that make me reluctant to pick that book at first. However, after spending few months discovering that I'm not smart enough to master zope3 with Z3-dev-book, I finally bought it. I'm not disappointed at all. When I read Z3-dev-book, there are always plenty of questions arose in my head. I had very hard time trying to understand many of the examples. Z3-dev-book is missing too many pieces of information for a naive reader to follow it. On the contrary, when reading Web-comp-dev-z3 I can always find exact answer to my question right there at proper place. The book is very well written with reader in concern. Follow the text and then you'll just know what auther try to tell. No flipping pages around to findscattering information.

Not only that the book is easier to read for beginner, it's also a very good reference. The book is filled with many handy table, list and api. I've found the book is the right "handbook" when developing with zope3. While Z3-dev-book has many advance tricks to learn from, I hardly want to call it "handbook", since it does not provide any handy information in accessible form.

The physical appearance of the Web-com-dev-z3 is also great. Its size, cover, type-setting make the book really valuable. It's bliss when holding this book, even without reading it. ;-)

It's one of the most expensive book I've ever bought, but it's also one of the best technical book I own.

Corey wrote:

Anyone know of any reviews written for this book? ( aside from the short ones at amazon? )

I'm sure it's probably pretty good, but the price is pretty steep for me at the moment - and I'm wondering how it compares and compliments the Zope3 Dev Book.

Thanks!