On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 17:34 -0400, Tim Peters wrote:

> > Obviously someone needs to create a new Linux distribution, eh! <g>
> Nope, because nobody else has reported this.  What are the odds that
> you're the only one who has used the tarball?  I don't know, but
> they're not high <wink>.

I must admit this crossed my mind.  I really jumped to a huge conclusion

I had checked the md5sum just to be sure it wasn't a bad download.

The problem REALLY was........Midnight Commander.
I have used mc for many years and never seen this before.  But by using
tar on the commandline the file extracted fine and I now a bright shiny
instance of Zope3 running.  Still had the gcc4 warnings but no biggie

Sorry for the hassle and certainly for the big leap to tarball

Tim Cook