Dominik Huber wrote:
Johan Carlsson wrote:

Ok, so far I figured out the following:

1. Resources gets registered as adapters in the Global Site Manager.
2. The adapter is registerd to adapt from the current layer interface (defaults to IDefaultBrowserLayer) to the Interface interface (strange, why is that so I wounder?)

The browser request gets directly marked by a skin interface.This is done by the http publication request factory: (zope.app.publication.httpfactory.HTTPPublicationRequestFactory -> zope.app.publication.browser.setDefaultSkin)

Afterward the specific adapters such as views get invoked, because you register those to a dedicated request interface using the layer attribute. Attention they get looked up via the regular default-adapter mechansim and not as named adapters.

IMO you can register only a specific IDefaultSkin adapter to a site marked for example as ISkinableSite:

<adapter
   for='.ISkinableSite'
   provides='.IDefaultSkin'
   factory='.adapter_that_offers_a_skin_interface_selected_by_the_user' />

Within this adapter you can invoke the user preferences or something else.

Thanks Dominik,
I been reading the source and trying to figure this out (still trying to get in to the adapter/interface thinking, which is really hard and unintuitive for me.)

I do not quite understand what your suggesting.
Could you give me a short list of what steps would be involved implementing your suggestion? And how it would work from a user perspective?

Cheers,
Johan

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24