Not under heavy load. Any machine should be able to handle this.
I use the config below

<VirtualHost *:808>
    DocumentRoot /myplace/httpdoc
    Servername myserver
    ErrorLog logs/myserver-error.log
    CustomLog logs/myserver-access.log common
    <Location / >
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteRule ^c:/ftscompass/htdocs(/?.*) http://localhost:8080/++vh++http:myserver:808/++$1 [P,L]
        <IfModule mod_ntlm.c>
            AuthName "NTLM"
            AuthType NTLM
            NTLMAuth On
            NTLMAuthoritative On
            NTLMDomain mydomain
            NTLMOfferBasic On
            NTLMBasicPreferred Off
            require valid-user
        </IfModule>
    </Location>

</VirtualHost>

But now, next question is how to let zope know the authenticated user?
REMOTE_USER is only available in CGI & SSL mode.
How to pass this before apache proxy the request?

Anybody can help?

Thanks,
Simon

On 11/11/05, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How much load are you putting this under?

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk