Jim Fulton wrote:
It is valid both to:

- Declare an interface for a built-in type and
  register adapters for that interface, and to

- Register adapters for builtin types directly.

I can't promise that this works now, but it ought to work.
I'm 90% sure that it does in fact work, at least in Zope 3.

If exceptions are counted as built-ins, it certainly does work -- the interface package registers interfaces for the built-in Python exceptions and the Zope 3 framework relies on it for error pages. I ported this functionality to Zope 2 (in experimental code, FiveException on the z3 base), and it works there too. :)

Regards,

Martijn