Martijn Faassen wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

It is valid both to:

- Declare an interface for a built-in type and
  register adapters for that interface, and to

- Register adapters for builtin types directly.

I can't promise that this works now, but it ought to work.
I'm 90% sure that it does in fact work, at least in Zope 3.

If exceptions are counted as built-ins,

Nope. Builtins are things like str and list.  The interface
package actually provides some special support for types like these
that can't have interface-declaration data added to them.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation