John Smith wrote:

Does anyone know if there any way to get to the main
ZODB root of the site other than using

Here is the background. I want to programatically
create new folders underneath the Zope root, according
to some external source which my zope instance polls

I have made a global utility what spawns a worker
thread which creates the folder objects. My problem is
I don't seem to be able to work out how to get hold of
the Zope root as I have not get any context.

Each database defined in zope.conf is registered as
a ZODB.interfaces.IDatabase with the name given in
zope.conf.  If you you have only one database and it
doesn't have a name, then you should be able to look
up the utility without supplying a name.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation