On 2/10/06, Edward Pollard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is this a viable strategy? We'd really be starting from scratch, so
> would such an approach enhance our work or hold us back?

Five is a viable strategy, but unless you need Zope2 products it will
most likely just hold you back.

> It seems the more I read about Five the less I understand the point of
> Zope3, but I chalk that up to my ignorance.

Well, no, Five is all about getting Zope3 technology into Zope2. It's
there fore people who want the component thinking but can't move to
Zope3. It may be that Five ends up making Zope2 and Zope3 merge
completely in some future, but as noted before: Nobody really knows
how the world looks in five years.