On Mar 20, 2006, at 6:51 PM, Thierry FLORAC wrote:

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 17:37 -0500, Gary Poster wrote:
On Mar 20, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Thierry FLORAC wrote:
But I'm just trying to use a "simple" (not subclassed) SetIndex, and
then to access my catalog "Advanced" management page...!
I don't build any specific template for this.

Should I build any specific SetIndex subclass ? Or define a specific
template ??

[...]

Modification is OK (at first, see below) for the first indexes, but an
error is raised while starting Zope for the DateTime indexes, because
"class" attribute points to a method name :

        zope.configuration.config.ConfigurationExecutionError:
exceptions.TypeError: type_ must be a type, class or module, not
        a <function DateTimeValueIndex at 0xb672510c> in:
        File
"/usr/local/zope/3.2/var/lib/python/zc/catalog/ configure.zcml",
        line 58.3-66.3
             <content class=".catalogindex.DateTimeValueIndex">
               <require
                   permission="zope.ManageServices"

        interface="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex
                              zope.index.interfaces.IStatistics
                             "

        set_schema="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex"
                   />
             </content>

Ah yes, my recommendation was made too quickly. The last two should not have been there. This third stanza would do the trick.

   <content class=".catalogindex.NormalizationWrapper">
     <require
         permission="zope.ManageServices"
         interface="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex
                    zope.index.interfaces.IStatistics"
         set_schema="zope.app.catalog.interfaces.IAttributeIndex"
         />
   </content>

I made this change in svn.

After removing this modification for the two last indexes, I can access catalog's "advanced" management screen without error, but information is not really fine : on a SetIndex for example, "Document Count" and "Word Count" columns are displayed as "<security proxied BTrees.Length.Length
instance at 0xb4dc052c>" instead of their numeric values...

Right, then it needed a declaration for BTrees.Length.Length.__call__. This is in svn now too.

Try getting rid of your changes and getting the new version from svn. It should do what you want.

Gary