Hi Sid,

> I am starting to work with Zope3 am having trouble
> understanding a few things. I bought the Zope 3 Book
> and installed the worldcookery application in my
> instance's lib/python directory and configured the
> .zcml files too.
> But when I do a http://localhost:8080/worldcookery, I
> get:
> "
> [top]
> The page that you are trying to access is not
> available
> Please note the following:
>    1. You might have misspelled the url
>    2. You might be trying to access a non-existing
> page
> "
> I understand I can develop content types and views and
> ZPTs and place them in a folder as a package. But
> unless I have made it through the ZMI, I am unable to
> access it. Why is that? What URL should I be using for
> a newly developed folder that I didn't add through the
> ZMI but which is installed in my Zope Instance's
> lib/python and configured in the  ZCML files?

As Joseph Method already mentioned, you are probably confusing the
existance of a Python package ('worldcookery') in lib/python with
publishable objects. A Python package like lib/python/worldcookery is
just a piece of software. Somethign that is accessible via URL
("publishable") is an *object* that usually lives in the ZODB (see
chapter 6 of my book) and is presented through views (chapter 7).
Remember, Zope is called the Z Object Publishing Environment...

In other words, Zope 3 development does NOT work like PHP or ASP
development where something on the filesystem immediately represents
something that is accessible via a URL.

My advice for you is to go to Chapter 7 and follow the instructions on
how to create and add recipes (through the add forms, accessible from
the Add menu). I'm sure it'll all be clearer after that.