I'm currently trying to use PAU. It seems to work fine but when I try to login
as 'manager' as defined via ZCML, it doesn't work.

Now I'm going to write a second plugin which will check the credentials of the
manager. It will return a PrincipalInfo with id="pau.manager" .

Michael Howitz suggested to use something like

to raise the power of a principal. Unfortunately my IAuthenticator plugin
never sees a IPrincipal object but IPrincipalInfo only.

Where do I have to call grantAllPermissions... to make an arbitrary
principal manager-like?

Where does Zope store those grants? In the PrincipalAnnotation Utility?

Is there another way to re-enable the manager when a PAU is registered?

Thank you for any hints.