Hi,

I am creating a kind of Zope proxy to a 3rd party COM object (I'm accessing it
using Pywin32 facilities).
I have to store a reference to this object somewhere in my Zope object.
But, for obvious reasons, this COM object cannot be serialized so I cannot put
it in any attribute of my Zope object.
On the other side, initialisation of the object on each request is too
time&cost-consuming.

>From what I read on the web and this list, _v_xxxx fields won't solve my
>problem, because the _v_xxxx field may be reset in any time, when
>(de)serialization occurs.

So I have a question, which may be generalized:
how to properly store/cache a handle or a reference to some OS resource, if I
cannot create/alloc and destroy/dealloc it on every request?

I have read somewhere that possibly I can use module variables for this
purpose. Is it the 'right' way?