Thierry, you may want to consider blobs when they become generally available through zodb. It takes care of the management details for ZEO and files.

Regard,
David

Bernd Dorn wrote:

On 01.09.2006, at 15:36, Thierry Florac wrote:

  Hi,

I just discovered the "z3c.extfile" package that I'd like to use in my current Zope3 development. My question is simple : what are the requirements to use this package in a ZEO context with several servers ?

no problem, as stephan said you just have to share the directory which contains the files

the files are immutable by implementation because their name is the sha digest of the file, so you never get a write conflict
regards, Bernd

Thanks for any advise,

  Thierry Florac
--
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique