Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Jeff Rush wrote:
Any suggestions? With the popularity of psycopg + Zope3, any chance we could get psycopgda added into the Zope3 distribution to mitigate this chasing?

I don't think that can happen. We're thinking about making the core smaller, not bigger :). Also, not everyone has or needs psycopg, so the testing would become a burden.

OTOH, if someone is willing to maintain psycopg and run a buildbot slave for it, we could easily add it to our buildbot master so that every time a change was made to the core the psycopg tests would be run and the maintainer would be alerted to any failures. I suspect this pattern will be more common in the "smaller core/more add-ons" future.

PS: It's interesting to note that the Python project is doing something similar now (http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/community/), and when we get Zope 3 on Python 2.5 I intend to set up a slave to test Z3 every time a checkin is made to Python.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer