Fred Drake wrote:
On 11/5/06, Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is officially an implementation detail; zope.traversing.api.getName() is
the API call.

Interesting; I'd never known it was anything other than __name__.
These APIs just keep changing...

No, the APIs haven't changed.  It's really a question of best practice
and that evolves over time.  We created a formal API, getName,
because we were queasy about exposing __name__.  In practice, there
is no other implementation and using __name__ is cleaner in a lot of
ways, IMO.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation