----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephan Richter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <zope3-users@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope3-Users] Will zope server crash when uploading huge files inthe same time?

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 12:32, Jonathan wrote:
Just curious: did you implement the size quota via an apache directive (eg.
LimitRequestBody) or is there some way to implement a size limitation
within Zope without having the entire file object uploaded first and then
having an 'after the fact' size check (python script/external method etc)
which refuses to process the file object if it exceeds the size limit (as
this would not stop users from consuming server resources while the file is
initially uploaded and forwarded to zope)?

It is very simple. It checks just before the file is added to the ZODB. The
chance of spamming is pretty slim in our application, sicne there is a
registration process involved. We simply want to ensure that users do not
blow up our database.

Thanks. I was just wondering if there was some mechanism whereby zope was informed (by Apache acting as the reverse proxy) about a file 'as it was uploading' as opposed to 'after upload was completed' - while this would be a nice feature it didn't seem feasible under the current apache-zope interaction process (or at least my understanding of it!).

Thanks again.