----- Original Message ----- From: "Maciej Wisniowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Paul Winkler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <zope3-users@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope3-Users] Will zope server crash when uploading huge filesinthe same time?

yes, but you don't get the HTTP headers (in a zope application) until
after the file upload is completed.  If you use Apache's
LimitRequestBody directive you can limit file sizes uploaded by a user,
but if the user exceeds this limit they get an apache error response (as
opposed to something a little more user-friendly issued by the zope
application).
I've written about this in my answer to previous Alex Cheng post.
There is tramline (http://www.infrae.com/products/tramline) product
from infrae. It deals with uploading large files via apache.
They say something like:
to handle upload:
* file contents will contain the unique file id.
* send out 'tramline_ok' header if file is accepted. Failure to send
out this header will cause the file to be rejected.

Interestin line for you may be: "'tramline_ok' header should be sent if
file is accepted" because seems that you have some kind of control
before upload. But I don't know how it works. Maybe it does what you're
looking for.

I had a quick look at tramline, an interesting apache add-on, but it still uploads the entire file before asking the application server whether it wants to accept the file or not. If the file is accepted it is moved from the 'upload' directory to the final 'repository' directory (where the application can access it). If the file is not accepted it is deleted from the upload directory.

Jonathan