Gary Poster wrote:

Why does adding to identical objects to a queue at the same time result in a conflict? Surely they should both just get added in an artbitary order?

Basically, the constraint allows for more powerful conflict resolution, or at least simpler code.

Um, can you explain that? How is adding two dissimilar objects different from adding two identical objects?

I'd certainly welcome a variation that removed the constraint, possibly in exchange for weaker conflict resolution, if you were willing to contribute it to zc.queue.

Sure, but I'm still hazy on what the problem with adding two identical objects is. Can you explain?

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk