On Friday 15 June 2007 12:10, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> So, at first, what's the idea with this IFormLayer? Why does any request to
> provide this interface? How can I tell Zope that all requests implement
> this interface?

The problem with the older form-related frameworks is that their registrations
are made on the default browser layer, making it (1) very hard to selectively
add registrations to your own layer/skin, and (2) polluting the default
browser layer.

z3c.form fixes this problem by creating a new layer dedicated to the form
registrations. All you need to do is to inherit this layer in your custom
skin to get the form registrations to work. Philipp provided the sample code

Yes, this does mean that z3c.form cannot be used within any of the default
skins, such as Rotterdam, but that's exactely the point. Of course, you can
just simply make all the registrations in the Rotterdam layer/skin and
z3c.form will be available there.

Stephan Richter