Jeremy Cook a écrit :
Hi,

I have been trying to internationalize my application and add a Norwegian translation but am stuck. By default I am getting only English for things like date in news items and so on.

Using chapter 9 of the Philipp von Weitershausen book, I have tried various things.

Using ++lang++test, ++lang++de, ++lang++no (or ++anything-else) always results in "a system error occurred", with an error message "Can only shift leading traversal names to application names". I do not understand this error message or what it is trying to tell me.

I once had this message when trying to use ++lang in the middle of the url.
It should be at the begginning, like the ++debug and ++skin :
http://example.com/++lang++en/container/blahblah

Christophe

Also, trying to start to create the NO translation by running i18nextract also results in a serious error which seems non trivial to work around.

Can anyone shed any light on either of these two problems? I seem to be missing something fundamental here?

Jeremy

C:\NLRK-Zope>.\bin\i18nextract -p lib\python\wcsite -d wcsite -o locale
base path: 'C:\\NLRK-Zope\\'
search path: C:\NLRK-Zope\lib\python\wcsite
exclude dirs: []
domain: 'wcsite'
output file: 'C:\\NLRK-Zope\\lib\\python\\wcsite\\locale\\wcsite.pot'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\app\locales\extract.py", line 399, in
 tal_strings
    p.parseFile(filename)
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\tal\htmltalparser.py", line 122, in p
arseFile
    self.parseString(data)
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\tal\htmltalparser.py", line 128, in p
arseString
    self.feed(data)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\HTMLParser.py", line 108, in feed
    self.goahead(0)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\HTMLParser.py", line 148, in goahead
    k = self.parse_starttag (i)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\HTMLParser.py", line 268, in parse_starttag
    self.handle_starttag(tag, attrs)
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\tal\htmltalparser.py", line 150, in h
andle_starttag
    self.getpos())
TALError: empty HTML tags cannot use tal:content: 'link', at line 12, column 3,
in file C:\NLRK-Zope\lib\python\wcsite\rss.pt

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> tlf: +47 55 58 40 65
Parallab                  Bergen Centre for Computational Science