Jeremy Cook wrote:
Using ++lang++test, ++lang++de, ++lang++no (or ++anything-else) always results in "a system error occurred", with an error message "Can only shift leading traversal names to application names". I do not understand this error message or what it is trying to tell me.

'++lang++' always should be at the beginning of the path.

Also, trying to start to create the NO translation by running i18nextract also results in a serious error which seems non trivial to work around.

Traceback (most recent call last):
TALError: empty HTML tags cannot use tal:content: 'link', at line 12, column 3,
in file C:\NLRK-Zope\lib\python\wcsite\

If you use Zope 3.3 then there is the bug in - all templates treated as HTML. The bug was fixed on the trunk and for workaround you can just replace your with the from the trunk.

And make sure the template begins with the following fragment:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:tal="";>

Note '<?xml' always should be at the beginning of the XML file.

Dmitry Vasiliev <dima at>