Hi Thierry

> Betreff: [Zope3-Users] View or content provider
>
> Hi,
>
> I need very basic content providers to generate HTML contents
> from a set of classes, inside pages templates.
> Is there a huge difference between using views (and
> "context/@@viewname"
> syntax) and using content providers (with "provider:providername"
> syntax), mainly in terms of performances, CPU usage and/or
> memory usage ??
>
> Thanks for any advise for this simple "problem", as both
> methods work perfectly...

I do not recommend using views for content that is only
used inside a template. Because "context/@@viewname"
is also traversable as a real view and will probably show
up in google.

btw, I dislike everything like ++items++foobar which makes
something in general traversable. This was the reason for me to
implement contentprovider, z3c.pagelet, z3c.template, z3c.macro
etc. This packages offer you real good patterns and allows you
to develop with much control as possible. There is no need
for making everything accessible as classic views anymore.

Regards
Roger Ineichen