Hi Chris. Phillip has put together a zopeproject package to give folks a start, you may want to check this out. Best advice is to study the sources for the patterns prevalent in zope packages - they are your best guide to see how pretty much anything modern is done. There is plenty of supplemental reading in the doc tests. My recommendation for skins and layers is to use providers including viewlets and pagelets working with Minimal or PageletBrowser layers. These integrate well with the excellent form packages that Stephan has created. Lastly, get comfortable with zc.buildout to manage the resources for your application and configuration. Hope that helps.

Regards,
David

Chris Withers wrote:
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
I was talking about normal, straight Zoep 3 here...

Look at Phillip's book?

I suspect even the 2nd edition of that is out of date w.r.t. current practice, hence why I'm asking on the list ;-)

Chris